Planning for 2015? Click the link below to download our worksheet and get started!
by Rebecca Chandler
The right mix of marketing tools and mediums can really amp up the effectiveness of all your marketing efforts to reach real buyers and sellers on the real streets of your real town.
Here are 5 ways to amp up your marketing efforts.
- Amp up your yard sign. Add a text code that leads them to a mobile site for that home and immediately sends you their phone number. You’ll gain immediate access to a hot lead and (that sign becomes a great listing tool).
- Amp up your website. Your website may look great on a computer, but make sure it displays appropriately on tablet or a phone. Adding an IDX feed and the GPS capability of those devices will make your personal site a favorite among buyers and sellers – and will generate even more leads for you.
- Amp up your listings. Wide web exposure for properties for sale today is a basic expectation. However, placing your listings in the real geographic locations where the likely buyer lives, works, shops and plays is a power move. The Real Estate Book® distributes thousands of magazines in local markets, interrupting the day of the potential buyer delivering an active advertising campaign for your listings versus a passive waiting game on the web.
- Amp up your personal brand. Creating a strong personal brand in your local market requires professional, high power marketing tools and integrating them into a cohesive campaign can be overwhelming. Your local Real Estate Book representative can put together a full marketing plan for you including local print, text codes, mobile sites, lead gen yard signs, and more – for an affordable single price.
- Amp up your results. Using the right marketing tools will increase your results and tracking all your marketing efforts doesn’t have to be complex. The Real Estate Book’s Leads Activity & Results allows you to analyze all your results and your local representative can work with you to make sure you maximize the return on your marketing investment.
Want to learn more? Contact your local Real Estate Book representative today. Go to http://store.realestatebook.com to find yours.
By Rebecca Chandler
This is the second in a series of conversations around practical tips to building your personal brand locally.
Winning a Google war with a listing aggregate site with 20 million or so unique users is probably a long shot, but you CAN win more local buyer and seller traffic to your website by following these 3 steps.
Step 1 – Start with a good website. What should that include?
- An IDX feed that puts the entire MLS on your site. That way, home shoppers won’t need to shop other websites once they’ve gotten used to yours. All the data is there.
- Make sure your website displays well on a tablet and a phone. More and more consumers are using their tablets and phones to shop for homes – especially on the weekends when they are out looking. If the visitor has to “pinch and stretch” the screen or can’t navigate the tiny buttons, even if they find your site, they will leave your site – forever.
Step 2 – Go to where your prospects are and connect with them, physically. No, I don’t mean a group hug. (Where was your mind?) Instead, make sure they bump into your web address, not just virtually, but on the real streets of your real town. Here’s how.
- Look for the places your ideal prospect lives, eats, works, shops and plays. Look for opportunities to advertise to reach them in those places. Use local advertising, local real estate magazines, direct mail, open house flyers, yard signs. Take out an ad in the high school football program. Sponsor an event and get your name and web address in the program. Bus stops. Billboards. You get the picture. Go where they are. Physically.
Step 3 – Be bold. Use text codes. Big brands like AMC, Costco, Kohl’s, Office Depot, Sonic and others are now using text codes to drive traffic and reminders to their clients. They place specific codes around the stores and in their ad campaigns to drive traffic to their mobile sites and apps – and ultimately sales. How do you do it?
- Use a service like LocalSmartMobile offered by The Real Estate Book® to assign a specific code to every listing. Put that code on all advertising for that listing with a strong call to action. “To see inside this home, text T312634 to 85377.” When the consumer does, they will receive a text with a link to that property – on YOUR website (and you get a text with their phone number so you can follow up right away).
- Use GPS enabled yard signs with text codes. LocalSmartMobile includes a yard sign with the call to action – “Text HOMES to 85377.” When the consumer does, they get a link to that listing on YOUR website, and you get a text with their phone number – so you can follow up while they are standing in front of the home.
- Use a vanity code (Try texting SUPER to 85377) to drive traffic to YOUR mobile business card and website. Consumers can save your contact information and then go to your website to search for homes.
Taking these 3 steps will help you win more local traffic – on the real streets of your real town.
Want to learn more? Click here to watch a 2 minute video or contact your local Real Estate Book representative.