'Tis the season of giving and it's always a great move to show your sincerest appreciation for the business your clients send you, whether themselves or through referrals. While some would consider it a "retention gift" or a low-key way to get referral business, it's honestly a nice gesture and a great way to make a lasting impression.
Putting thought into your closing or client appreciation gifts reflects well on you. You spend a lot of time with your clients, finding out about their wants, needs, hopes for the future and even general family and personal happenings. So, show you were listening by not only impressing them with a great sale or purchase experience, but also with thought and care in a nice gift to close out the work.
Here are some thoughtful ideas to get things going...
For the New Homeowner(s):
- Designer Fire Extinguisher - Who new fire extinguishers could provide both form and function!
- Home Improvement Gift Card - There's always a need for a trip to the Home Improvement store - especially as a new homeowner.
- The Essentials Household Tool Kit - It always happens that you'll be in the middle of a project and realize you need a hammer, tape measure, or other tool.
For the Empty Nesters:
- Tickets to a local theater
- Gift certificate to a nice upscale restaurant
For the Bachelor or Bachelorette:
- Dart Board - Help them get their game room started...
- Fridge full of Beer or a couple bottles of wine
- Doorbot - The Wi-Fi enabled video doorbell. When someone lives alone, it's not easy to always get to the door. This is a great way to screen who comes to the door or be aware of who's knocking on your door when no one's home!
For the Hostess:
- Monogramed Door Mat - The hostess loves personalized touches, so the monogramed doormat is great!
- Monogramed Serving Tray - Another great personal gift that is a nice decor item or great for hosting.
- Wine Glass Top Appetizer Plates - It's always a challenge juggling your drink and food at gatherings, this will help.
For the Foodies:
- Monogramed Cutting Board - a good cutting board will never go to waste, especially in a house that likes to cook. The monogram is a nice personal touch and something that will be displayed.
- Salt and Pepper Mills - Who doesn't need a good salt and pepper mill?
- Oil and Vinegar Set - Another great option for food enthusiasts!
For the Full House:
- Nintento Wii - a great gift for the whole family or just entertaining gatherings.
- Google Chromecast - Cool and inexpensive way to access internet TV and more.
- Digital Photo Frame - This is a great gift for families and would be even more personalized if you could pre-load a photo of the family in front of the house!
Something for Anyone:
- Professional House Cleaning
- Wine, Champagne, or Liquor
- Gift Basket (Cookies and Sweets, Fruit and Cheese, or a Mix)
- Cozy Throw Blanket
Gifts don't need to be expensive, but rather thoughtful! "Excellence of a gift lies in it's appropriateness rather than it's value" ~ Charles Dudley Warner.
Note: These are just recommendations - please stay apprised of NAR and State codes of ethics for Realtors.